Marketing Podcast with Becky Blades
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Becky Blades. Becky is an entrepreneur, writer, artist, and philosopher of creative, adventurous living. Since selling her first company, an award-winning public relations firm, Becky has studied what she has coined “stARTistry,” the art of creative initiative. She’s also the author of a book — Start More Than You Can Finish: A Creative Permission Slip to Unleash Your Best Ideas.
Becky Blades offers a powerful new mindset which is: acting on more ideas makes us happier – and reveals our highest creativity. For those of us entrepreneurs who may feel that our plate is already full, this idea to start more than you can finish might seem counterintuitive. However, Becky shares her process for mastering the art of the start which will help you unleash your best ideas and create more.
Questions I ask Becky Blades:
- [1:41] Y have one person out there that thinks this is a terrible title for a book because it is sort of counterintuitive, right – are you getting similar pushback from people?
- [3:02] Is there a danger in constantly treading water working on so many things at once?
- [5:43] What does the term “stARTistry” mean?
- [7:51] You’re a creative person, and you’ve raised a couple of really creative kids too – want to brag about them for a moment?
- [9:17] Creative people are likely more guilty of starting things that they don’t finish – what would you say about this for the person who doesn’t see themselves as creative?
- [13:19] What stops people from taking action or starting things?
- [15:24] A lot of entrepreneurs would say that they’re too busy to start new things – how do you decide is truly an obstacle?
- [18:20] What are some of your practices for getting outside that bubble?
- [20:19] Could you talk a little bit about how we should practice?
- [21:57] Where can people connect with you and get a copy of your book?
More About Becky Blades:
Learn More About Strategy First:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
FTX and the Problem of Unchecked Founder Power
World Cup fans transform streets of Doha with chaotic fashion choices
Get the Most Out of a Smart Landing Page Builder—Just Like This Business